Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thinking about donuts

I'm sitting at work and I'm thinking about donuts. That's not a new thing. I love sweets and I have been working on keeping my weight down - so no donuts except on rare occasions.

But I'm not just thinking about donuts - I'm remembering donuts.

When I was a young teen - wow, that's a long time ago - I went on a trip with my mother. Maybe we were taking my sister some place and all I really remember is the drive back home. It was a sunny, warm day. We were in Keyser, West Virginia. And we stopped at the grocery store because Mother needed to do that.

I don't remember the conversation. I don't remember much details, but I do remember the donuts - raised donuts dusted with sugar granules. They were almost crunchy.

It was a good day. And I'm just sitting here at work remembering a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to be able to have such fond memories like that. I know there are times where I can have the crappiest day, but thinking back on a fond memory always turns it around for me.

Matty said...

Isn't it funny the memories we have of our family and our youth? It sounds like a good memory, and thank you for sharing!