Thursday, January 29, 2009

I've got a crush on you



I recently completed a list on Facebook of 25 Random things and I mentioned that I still get crushes.

Crushes are great fun - it is tough on the emotions and all that - but there's a great feeling of being alive. There is intense delight at being around the object of the crush. And, there is such aching emptiness when he is not around.

Last week I ran into a friend whom I see on rare occasions. I had a serious crush on him a couple of years ago, but I wasn't really part of his circle of friends so my life went on and I didn't think about it much. Seeing him again brought all the emotion back in an instant. He truly makes me feel young - okay he makes really feel the age that I tend to think of myself. I'm 50 but generally think of myself as being around 25. That works until I'm around actual 25 year olds who call me Mister.

That being said - I have a couple other crushes. Some know who they are and some don't. Really it makes me happy to be around these friends and I am thrilled that I have such fun friends.

hugs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I wonder who else you have a crush on! ;-)

David said...

uh-huh... hope that's not a problem!