Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Joy is my Strength and Friends are my Comfort

Joy of the Lord is my Strength

I was feeling a little down, but because I chose to take some positive action I am feeling better. And there has been some positive action. The boss is actually making a schedule for the Reference Desk. It isn't so much that I need to be on the Reference Desk - it is a matter of principle that I am included along with the other librarian on staff. And the book truck that was purchased solely to place in front of the window in my office to block my view of the entrance and to hide me from the view of patrons as they enter has been moved. So even less need to be on the Reference Desk - but again - the principle.

Not sure if we'll actually have a facilitation meeting, but that will only reflect badly on my boss. So far I'm getting something of what I want.

No other job prospects at the moment. I passed on one because the boss there is reportedly as bad as mine. The other job was one that was a bit beyond my interest.

And so much to be grateful for. Over the weekend I went with friends from the band to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania to march in a parade and then on to Hershey Park. I had a wonderful time. Saw lots of friends - talked w/ my roomie Blake (who is a reader of this blog) and major time w/ fellow trombonist - Rob Heim.

I did go on one ride at Hershey Park and that was enough to confirm that I was not getting on the super-fast, upside down, 80-foot drop rides. Even though I think there's a really good cardiac unit at the closest hospital.

Sunday was spent napping and reading the paper. Last evening I met up with a new group of friends for a potluck dinner. Really nice group of people - really positive energy -- I needed that!!!

God is good!

No comments: